Categorised | News

Kuhan’s family wants second autopsy

KUALA LUMPUR, 22 Jan 2009: The family of a detainee who died in the USJ 8 police station lock-up in Subang Jaya two days ago cancelled the man’s funeral today and wanted another autopsy to be performed.

Kapar Member of Parliament (MP) S Manikavasagam told Bernama that he and the lawyer representing A Kuhan’s family had gone to the police station to get a permission for the second autopsy but failed to get it.

“As at 10.30pm, the police have disallowed or refused to issue the permission form to have the second autopsy performed.

“We will try to get it tomorrow through the district police chief or Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan to ensure the permission is given,” he said.

Kuhan, 22, was detained on 15 Jan on suspicion of being involved in the theft of luxury cars in Sungai Chua, Kajang, and was brought to the USJ 8 police station on 20 Jan where he collapsed and died.

Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar had said the post-mortem report showed Kuhan died of lung infection but police would investigate the cause of death as there were allegations that he died of physical abuse.

He also said that the police regretted that the family and members of the public had barged into the Serdang Hospital morgue where the body was kept on 20 Jan and would record a statement from a deputy minister who was present then.

Kuhan’s funeral was supposed to take place at 6pm yesterday at Batu 14, Puchong where about 1,000 people had gathered but the body was sent to Universiti Malaya Medical Centre at about 7pm for the second autopsy.

It is understood that UMMC refused to perform the autopsy without police permission but had agreed to keep the body for the time being. — Bernama


Post to Twitter Post to Google Buzz Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to StumbleUpon

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Most Read (Past 3 Months)

Most Comments (Past 3 Months)

  • None found




  • The Nut Graph


Switch to our mobile site