Categorised | News

Man, two sons detained over teen’s near-decapitation murder

KLANG, 8 Sept 2008: A goat breeder and his two sons have been arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of a teenage ice factory clerk.

The body of S Rupenthiran, 19, whose head was almost decapitated, was found at
an oil palm estate in Kampung Perepat yesterday morning.

The suspects, aged 48, 22 and 21, were picked up at about 6pm yesterday from their house, not far from where the body was found.

District police chief ACP Mohamad Md Yusuf said initial investigations revealed the 22-year-old was the main suspect as he was known to have been involved in arguments and fights with the victim.

This, he said, was based on statements recorded from members of the victim’s family.

"We have yet to determine the motive behind the killing. Nevertheless, we are in the process of obtaining a remand order from the Klang Magistrate’s Court for the three suspects," added Mohamad.

About 10am yesterday, a plantation owner stumbled on Rupenthiran’s body after spotting a motorcycle parked at his property.

Meanwhile, Mohamad said the 22-year-old suspect had lodged a report at the Kapar police station about 11am yesterday, claiming that 20 men had assaulted him on Saturday night.

It was the same night that Rupenthiran’s family had reported him missing.

"We believe the incident was related to a fight involving a group of men linked to both the victim and suspect," said Mohamad.

Apart from the suspect’s police report, a security guard from Sekolah Kebangsaan Tamil Velambrossa, Kampung Perepat, had also made a police report.

In the report, the guard claimed that on Saturday, he saw 20 men armed with parangs, trying to enter the school compound while chasing a man. – Bernama

Post to Twitter Post to Google Buzz Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to StumbleUpon

Comments are closed.

Most Read (Past 3 Months)

Most Comments (Past 3 Months)

  • None found




  • The Nut Graph


Switch to our mobile site