Categorised | News

‘I didn’t have any motive to kill’: Azilah

SHAH ALAM, 20 Jan 2009: Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri who is on trial for the murder of Altantuya Shaariibuu, told the High Court here today that he did not have any motive to kill the Mongolian.

He said he did not know the woman and would never have committed such a stupid act especially since he was a police personnel.

He said that other than lending assistance, he and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar did not have any special relationship with the woman and they had never received any request and instruction to hurt her.

He said the assistance given to Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda was following an order from DSP Musa Safri and not because of Razak.

Azilah, 32, and Sirul, 36, both UTK operatives are accused of murdering Altantuya, 28, in Mukim Bukit Raja between 10pm on 19 Oct 2006 and 1am the following day.

On 31 Oct last year, the court acquitted and Razak, 48, of abetting them in Kuala Lumpur between 9.54am on 18 Oct 2006 and 9.45pm the next day without calling him to enter defence.

When Deputy Public Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah asked him about human bone fragments at the murder scene, Azilah said he did not see the bones and the pictures of an explosion and murder scene shown to him were not of the same place.

“The place I went to was not like this. It had traces of fire. When I was there I did not see bones,” he said.

He also said his presence at Hotel Malaya on 18 Oct  2006, was not to eliminate Altantuya because he was aware of the closed-circuit camera system which could record all movements there.

He said the purpose of him going to meet Altantuya was only to advise her so that she would stop threatening and harassing Razak.

When Justice Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin asked him why he followed Sirul after picking up Altantuya at Razak’s house, Azilah said: “I did not follow him. I was only at the back of his jeep. I did not know where he wanted to go. The road that we passed through led to the city centre and Bukit Aman.

“I wanted to go to Bukit Aman.”

Azilah’s lawyer, Datuk Hazman Ahmad is not going to call other witnesses after his client finished his testimony.

Sirul will give a statement from the dock on 22 Jan after his lawyer, Kamarul Hisham Kamaruddin, told the court that he needed at least two days to help his client prepare the statement.

Kamarul also said he needed several documents from the prosecution. Among them were a copy of Musa’s caution statement and text message transactions between Celcom and Maxis.

The court will hear his application tomorrow. — Bernama


Post to Twitter Post to Google Buzz Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to StumbleUpon

Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Most Read (Past 3 Months)

Most Comments (Past 3 Months)

  • None found




  • The Nut Graph


Switch to our mobile site